Thursday, October 10, 2013

Picc removal

In my last entry I forgot to mention I finally got my picc line out! I specifically made my picc dressing appointment after my results appointment in the hope I would be able to get it out! 
With one deep breath it was pulled cleanly out! I didn't feel a thing. I asked the nurse if I could keep it! She joked that it might make some horrible science experiment In years to come lol! I need some sort of memory of what I had inside me for the last 11 months! I gave it to Dad, told him to put it with my hair he has lol! The part that ran from my arm into my chest is approximately 30cms long, the part on the outside of my arm, about 16cms long! Although annoying, it saved me many a jab and I don't regret getting it at all! 

                            

All the nurses in the oncology day centre were sad but happy to see me go! The receptionist was exceptionally sad! I had become friends with everyone there in the last 12 months! I am not sad to see the back of that place but am sad to say good bye to the lovely people I met! I promised Nikki the receptionist I would pop back in and say hello next time I am at the hospital! 
Chemo nurses are amazing, they help you through a very difficult time in your life! I will never forget the love and support they gave me! We shared jokes and stories and had lots of laughs together. 

No comments: