Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow..

Today is day 21 out of 21 so that means tomorrow (13th March) I start the next round, I am actually dreading it after feeling so horrible last time. 1 down 7 to go!! Bring on August when i will have hopefully my last treatment!! 

I had a meeting with my oncologist on Friday (8th March), this is the first meeting since starting BEACOPP. He was happy with how much the lump has gone down and really had to feel to find the lymph nodes. He said one was the size of a pea and the other a small marble. He also said its the smallest he has seen it since I started seeing him! We wont know how well the treatment is actually working until I have more scans in roughly 6 weeks. But from looking at it and feeling it, i would say its definitely working a lot better then the ABVD was. We went through my levels, he said red blood was good, white blood cells and platelets where both a little low, but he thinks I should be okay to go ahead with chemo on wednesday. I have another blood test today, so he will double check that my levels are all normal.

I wasn't going to put up any photos of me with my head shaved, but I thought I would be brave and do it. After all, it is part of my journey! And i'll put one up of me in my wig too! My hair did start to grow back because I stopped treatment, but the last few days it has started to fall out again.


With my wig on
About 3 weeks after I shaved it. March 2013

2 comments:

Mel T said...

You look beautiful hun :) and that's a really nice wig aswell, looks really real!

itsallbutadreadm said...

Thanks hun :) It would want to look real, it cost enough haha!