Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hmm screw you white blood count!

I had day 8 on Monday 6th. All went well, blood counts came back good. I found out that the tingling in my fingers is actually from the Vincristine IV chemo I have on day 8 and not the tablets I am on. The nurse told me to mention it to my Dr and if things got bad with it they would look at altering the amount i got. Monday night I had really bad indigestion, took some mylanta and it seemed to settle after a while. Tuesday night I had it again, took some mylanta and went to bed. Wednesday night I took some mylanta after tea and before i got any symptoms, seemed to work!

I had a blood test this morning (the nurse comes to me), its great because I get to stay in my PJ's :) At 4pm the Oncology Day Centre rang and left a message on my phone saying my white blood count is sitting at 0.20 so I am highly susceptible to infection! Normal count should be between 4.0-10.0! So i am not even registering 1! I had plans to spend the weekend away in Mannum this weekend and now I can't go because I can't risk getting an infection!

Red blood count is 91 so no blood for me this week!! :) 

I am sick of everything being put on hold! Why can't it be easy? I guess cancer isn't easy, but some days I feel I have the rough end of the stick and am dealing with a lot more then other people with it. I know it could be worse and there are other patients far worse of then me, but still! 

No comments: